What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Become more Comfortable with Creative Exploration in Midlife:
- Why finding your passion to teach creativity in midlife is life changing
- Why it’s important to pay attention to your deepest desires.
- How to look for clues about what you’ve always been passionate about.
- Why exploration itself needs to become a skill you can get better at.
- How paying attention to your inner voice can help you get unstuck and find your own voice in midlife.
- How being uncomfortable can be a normal part of the process of your own personal development.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
If not now, when? Do you ever notice yourself thinking this? If so, you have a lot in common with my guest this week, Eileen McKenna.
Eileen didn’t have the confidence to pursue art back in college. She became a graphic designer instead. As she approached 40, however, she tried to figure out what was still holding her back.
Like with so many women in the middle, it was fear. That reason was no longer acceptable and she slowly started to give herself permission to explore. What happened next was a bit of a surprise; Eileen became interested in the process of creating as well as the development of her artistic skill to create.
She started a blog that ended up helping her find her voice and her new identity. She recognized her discomfort but she kept working on the process of exploring in a way she never had before.
Eileen’s commitment to exploration about her own artistic identity also led her to a new career and sense of purpose. She continues to experience great joy and discovery and has never been more creative or fulfilled. She knows now that talent is just the starting point.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Eileen McKenna, Creative Exploration: A Six Week Process for Introducing Regular Creativity into your Life: www.eileenmckenna.com/shop
- Tom Sterner, The Practicing Mind https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-156-finding-joy-in-the-present-moment-with-tom-sterner-author-of-the-practicing-mind/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is my signature six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply. Book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” and we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life again.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes