What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s common to feel guilty when putting yourself first.
- How you might be associating “self care” with being “selfish.
- Why having difficulty saying “no” might be about “people pleasing.”
- Why feeling guilty doesn’t help you take better care of yourself.
- How understanding your feelings can help you with self care.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about how to put yourself first in midlife without the guilt. Unfortunately, feeling guilty is a common part of self care with women in the middle. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
There are several common reasons why it’s so common to feel guilty while focusing on self care at our age and stage. You may have recognized feeling indulgent or generally uncomfortable when trying to follow through on doing things specifically because you decided it’s important for you.
Guilt doesn’t move your forward toward any of these goals. In fact, it just makes it less likely you’ll follow through on your plans and priorities. You also end up compounding the negativity because then you’re typically hard on yourself too.
Understanding the connection between your mindset and your emotional well-being and being able to see how your thinking creates your feelings is an excellent way to get a handle on this. You can learn to think and feel on purpose, and this will support you in your efforts to take better care of yourself. You can be Finally First!
Please enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog: Why it’s Time to Put Yourself First in Midlife
Women in the Middle Ep 113: Finally First in Midlife
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Finally First Midlife Membership: www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes