What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s important to “bloom where you’re planted.”
- What it’s like to view your professional skill set from a different perspective.
- How your lifelong professional contacts can be essential to your future success.
- Why thinking “nothing’s wasted” is an amazing way to think about past experiences.
- Why you shouldn’t self-exclude because you don’t think you should or could do something.
- Why midlife women want to gather and connect more and more.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re taking a look at what it’s like to use your past experience to do something new like start a digital magazine for midlife women.
My guest today is Jeannie Ralston of NextTribe Digital Magazine. Like most midlife women who make a big career pivot, Jeannie’s path to entrepreneurship was an interesting one. It even included some serious life on a lavender farm.
Jeannie was a magazine journalist for much of her professional life. She noticed there was a big gaping hole when it came to a positive messaging for midlife women. That’s why she wanted to launch NextTribe; she knew she could make a contribution to this space..
As Editor and CoFounder of NextTribe, Jeannie feels strongly about supporting and celebrating women who are aging boldly.
Lots of women in midlife are looking for a career change and want to take on more adventures in both their personal and professional lives. Your past career can be used as a highly valuable experience base and can be really useful.
I know you’re going to love hearing more about how you can continue to grow and do interesting things in your career if you work on your mindset about making a big change and look for opportunity out there like Jeannie did. I can’t wait for you to meet this very special and accomplished woman in the middle.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jeannie Ralston
- NextTribe Digital Magazine: https://nexttribe.com/
- Jeannie’s book: The Unlikely Lavender Queen: A Memoir of Unexpected Blossoming https://www.amazon.com/Unlikely-Lavender-Queen-Unexpected-Blossoming/dp/0767927958/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=lavendar+queen+book&qid=1566164760&s=gateway&sr=8-1
- Ep 50, The Unbelievable Value of a Mentor in Midlife, Interview Brooke Castillo: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-50-the-unbelievable-value-of-a-mentor-in-midlife-interview-with-brooke-castillo/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- New Midlife Membership: https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/ Get on the waiting list! Launching Fall 2019!
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes