What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Massive Action after Massive Adversity with Shontelle Dubois:
- Why you should know what taking massive action means.
- How the most creative solutions can be inspired by adversity.
- Why it’s important to be willing to fail to be successful.
- What it’s like to launch a business after you get an eviction notice
- Why it can be important to pivot when you understand your clients most urgent needs.
- Solid advice for women to go after their dreams.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Massive action after massive adversity is something beautiful to behold – absolutely awe inspiring. Ask yourself, what would you do if you knew that giving up wasn’t an option? Today we’re talking about what it looks like to actually take massive action to change your life in the face of massive adversity.
My guest today is Shontelle Dubois, a woman who doesn’t allow the challenges and obstacles that life has thrown at her keep her down. When you hear her story, you can’t help but be blown away by her resilience, weight loss, drive, creativity and overall amazingness. In fact, you won’t be alone because her story was featured in a Goal Cast video and has millions of views.
Shontelle was involved in a seven car crash that resulted in her doing three years of rehab. During this time Shontelle gained weight, weighing her heaviest ever, 245 pounds. As a single mother, she decided to use her daughter as motivation and lost 105 pounds in five months.
Shortly after though, things became even more difficult. She lost her job, was served an eviction notice, but at the same time, somehow figured out how to stay focused failure after failure while trying to launch a fitness training business.
Her goal-oriented mindset and hardworking ethic allowed her to successfully open her own fitness studio; Shontelle now has a waiting list of over 500 people and also launched food prep business and developed a successful product line.
You’re going to learn so much about massive action from Shontelle’s story.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Connect with Shontelle Dubois:
Note: Shontelle’s Goal Cast video and products (Dubois Belt, Dubois Kit and more) are available on her website
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes