What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Stop Failing Ahead of Time in Midlife:
- Why we tend to want to fail in advance in midlife.
- My recent experience with automatically wanting to fail in advance and how I handled it in midlife.
- The best question to ask yourself when your brain comes up with reasons why you will fail.
- Why there’s no downside to going “all in” on something you want out of life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
What is going on with this overwhelming tendency to want to fail way in advance?
By failing in advance, we don’t even give ourselves a chance to experience the outcome of whatever it is we’re giving up on!
In my life, I have been guilty of this more than once. And on this episode, I share my recent experience with my brain automatically going to the “fat chance… this is not going to happen for you” thoughts when I was presented with an incredible opportunity to get my art featured at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.
Join me in this episode of Women in the Middle to find out how I was able to guide my mind to prepare for success rather than failure and how you can do the same in your life. Discover how you too can learn to take action and grow in spite of what your brain is telling you.
Let me know how you handle situations when your brain is telling you you’re going to fail at something in either the comments below or by emailing me at email@example.com
And if you want to catch my Facebook Live videos of when I go to NYC this week to visit my art on display at the Museum of Modern Art, go to Facebook.com/themidlifecoach
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #13: Do What You Love – Why You Need a Passion Project
- Blog Post: Falling in love again at my age…with a pair of shoes
- If you missed it last week, make sure to grab your FREE WORKSHEET: What’s a good Passion Project for you?
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Send me an Email! firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!