Ep #30: How I Quit My Corporate Job to Help Midlife, Plus-Size Women Run with Jill Angie
- How Jill Angie knew it was time to quit her corporate job in midlife.
- What “feeling done” looks like in midlife.
- What it’s like to teach midlife women to run.
- What to do when you’re afraid of failing in your job.
- How your thoughts can keep you stuck at any age.
- How exciting it can be to follow your dreams in midlife.
- How embracing discomfort and failing can be the most rewarding experience of your life.
- How important it is to stop holding back because you’re afraid – just do it!
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode introduces to someone who quit her job in corporate life to teach plus-size women how to run. My guest today is Jill Angie, someone who followed her dreams!
Jill is a Life Coach and Running Coach at Not Your Average Runner. She’s a woman in the middle who took a big risk and left a great job in “Corporate America” to follow her dream. She knew nothing about running her own business. But she understood that she needed to make a change.
Jill decided to dive in. She started working with one-on-one clients as a personal fitness trainer. During her first year, she even wrote a book for midlife, overweight women about how they could start running in the body they currently have. Jill quickly realized how important it was for women to hear this message. By putting this book out there, she was changing lives. You never know what will happen when you pull up your big girl panties and get to work, especially in midlife.
Yes, Jill was scared. But she did it anyway. She checked her fear at the door and did the work she knew she needed to do. Staying small was not an option. Jill loves her new career; She supports women, no matter where they are in their running journey, and helps them “Run their Best Life.”
Like so many of the episodes in this podcast, Jill shows us how you can really do what you want when you open yourself up to growing, be true to yourself and take a risk. She’s happier and more fulfilled than ever before. Sometimes what you start out doing isn’t what you end up doing, but through trial and error, you can figure it out and find a direction and career that you love.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Jill Angie’s running books, blog, podcast and groups and programs at http://notyouraveragerunner.com/
- Start running from scratch – even if you’re not skinny. Grab Jill’s FREE 1 Week Jumpstart Running Program at http://www.notyouraveragerunner.com/start
- Check out the Not Your Average Runner Podcast on iTunes or at: http://notyouraveragerunner.com/welcome/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: 50waystocelebrate.comand on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life!. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Ready to get Clear on your Career? Apply for the 13 week, online coaching program, Clear on Career, for midlife women who want more! APPLY & Get Clear.
- Join TheFinally First Club: This is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way!
- It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next Join now! www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Connect with Suzy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?