What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Losing my Parents as a Kid:
- What losing my parents as a kid was like.
- How your life experience of parental death creates a unique lens from which to view your world.
- Why sharing a personal life story is important .
- How knowing that “life is short” can affect your perspective on everything.
- How your ability to focus on the future can help tremendously.
- Why learning to accept the past is super important to move forward and thrive.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week our host, Suzy Rosenstein, shares her personal story about experiencing early parental death. The topic is about what it’s been like for her as a midlife woman, to outlive her parents and the perspectives and lessons she’s learned as a result.
When both of your parents die so young, you know your situation is a little unusual. Suzy explains that she never had friends who went through anything similar. As a kid, you’re don’t want to be different for any reason.
This is just the type of experience that helps you understand what the expression “life is short” really means and how relevant it is in midlife. It’s so common to waste time feeling stuck in midlife, but when you know deep in your soul that life really is short and unpredictable, it can help you be motivated to live life more fully.
Suzy talks about the kind of feelings that she found more useful in her life to cope and stay focused on the future. She also shares five main perspectives and observations from her personal experience that for sure have lessons for everyone to learn from.
As a woman in the middle, it’s important to focus on your future. The bottom line is that you can actively choose how you want to think and feel about things you can’t change. Thoughts create feelings. Thoughts are subjective. This is incredibly empowering.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Ep 82: Midlife Reflections on Adoption and assisted reproduction with Dr. Michael Grand: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-82-midlife-reflections-on-adoption-assisted-reproduction-with-dr-michael-grand/
- Mentor Series: Ep 50: The Unbelievable Value of a Mentor in Midlife with Brooke Castillo https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-50-the-unbelievable-value-of-a-mentor-in-midlife-interview-with-brooke-castillo/
- Ep 55: Why you Need a Midlife Mentor with Kendrick Shope https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-55-why-you-need-a-midlife-mentor-interview-with-kendrick-shope/
- Ep 59: Why a Midlife Mentor is a Priority with Jenny Shih https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-59-why-a-midlife-mentor-is-a-priority-interview-with-jenny-shih/
- Ep 66: The Awesome Power of Midlife Mentorship with Susan Hyatt https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-66-the-awesome-power-of-midlife-mentorship-interview-with-susan-hyatt/
- Ep 69: Be a Mentor, Have a Mentor, Change your Life with Tyson Sharpe https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-69-be-a-mentor-have-a-mentor-change-your-life-interview-with-tyson-sharpe/
- Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/9secrets
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Get Clear on Career! New 13 week group coaching program for women who want more! LIfe’s too short to waste time feeling stuck. https://suzyrosenstein.com/clear-on-career/
- Send me an Email! firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes