What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Avoid Common Regrets in Midlife:
- What the 5 most common midlife regrets of the dying are.
- Why it’s important to understand common regrets in midlife.
- Why it’s important to think about regret-proofing in midlife .
- What “regret-proofing your life” looks like.
- Why friendships are important now and later in life.
- Why it’s important to understand that happiness is a choice you can make.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week we’re taking a look common midlife regrets in life and what you can do to prevent them.
Specifically, this episode is about the incredibly common themes of regret that author Bronnie Ware, someone who worked in palliative care, highlighted in her popular blog article, Regrets of the Dying and book, The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing. We’re also talking about what you can do to make sure you don’t have these regrets yourself. I call this “regret-proofing.”
Bronnie Ware cared for people in palliative care and after years of working closely and developing meaningful relationships with people who were dying, she realized that the way they talked about their regrets fell into five key themes or categories.
She shares insights that you can learn so much from. Knowing what these common regret-related themes are can help you take specific actions to make sure you don’t also have these regrets.
One thing’s for sure, everyone regrets having regrets. Do what you can to live a life free of them!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Get more information/register for the Becoming Bold & Brave Retreat in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on July 12 – 14, 2019. Email: email@example.com
- Regrets of the Dying Blog Article by Bronnie Ware: https://bronnieware.com/blog/regrets-of-the-dying/
- The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing by Bronnie Ware
- Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/9secrets
- Women in the Middle Podcast, Episode 2: Your Mindfulness Framework https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/the-model/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes