What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Prioritize Downtime in Midlife:
- Why it’s important to prioritize downtime in midlife.
- Why prioritizing downtime can be a struggle.
- How the concept of productivity is related to downtime.
- How committing to downtime can improve your life and your health.
- Why many midlife women think downtime is indulgent.
- How ignoring your need for downtime is a choice that you can change.
- What the steps are to create more downtime in your life so you thrive in midlife.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
So many midlife women think that knowing how to prioritize downtime in midlife is important but don’t actually do it. In fact, there’s a lot of resistance toward downtime as a concept.
Downtime is one of those topics where there’s a big disconnect between what is generally accepted intellectually as something that’s desirable AND what actually happens in reality. There are several reasons for this.
It’s common for midlife women to combine their thoughts about productivity with downtime. And it’s also common to come up with excuses about why it’s too difficult to make downtime happen in your life. Having downtime can sometimes feel indulgent. So many of Women in the Middle aren’t used to making downtime a priority.
As with so many things in life, the barrier to getting what you want is your thinking.
The important reasons for having downtime are discussed. In addition, five simple steps to make downtime a part of your reality are reviewed. Prioritizing downtime will absolutely help you thrive in midlife!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- TV Show, I Love Lucy, Job Switching Episode: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0609243/
Connect with Suzy:
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes