What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Prioritize Downtime in Midlife:
- Why it’s important to prioritize downtime in midlife.
- Why prioritizing downtime can be a struggle.
- How the concept of productivity is related to downtime.
- How committing to downtime can improve your life and your health.
- Why many midlife women think downtime is indulgent.
- How ignoring your need for downtime is a choice that you can change.
- What the steps are to create more downtime in your life so you thrive in midlife.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
So many midlife women think that knowing how to prioritize downtime in midlife is important but don’t actually do it. In fact, there’s a lot of resistance toward downtime as a concept.
Downtime is one of those topics where there’s a big disconnect between what is generally accepted intellectually as something that’s desirable AND what actually happens in reality. There are several reasons for this.
It’s common for midlife women to combine their thoughts about productivity with downtime. And it’s also common to come up with excuses about why it’s too difficult to make downtime happen in your life. Having downtime can sometimes feel indulgent. So many of Women in the Middle aren’t used to making downtime a priority.
As with so many things in life, the barrier to getting what you want is your thinking.
The important reasons for having downtime are discussed. In addition, five simple steps to make downtime a part of your reality are reviewed. Prioritizing downtime will absolutely help you thrive in midlife!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- TV Show, I Love Lucy, Job Switching Episode: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0609243/
Connect with Suzy:
Connect with Suzy:
- Looking for a great 50th birthday gift? Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? You can have in-depth, personal support by coaching together. Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life! CLICK HERE to apply.
- Ready to get Clear on your Career? Apply for the 13 week, online coaching program, Clear on Career, for midlife women who want more! APPLY & Get Clear.
- Join Finally First: This is my midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the coaching concepts in your everyday life and most importantly, am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get unstuck and find the clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join now!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes