What You’ll Learn from this Podcast Episode about the Priority of having a Midlife Mentor with Jenny Shih:
- How a midlife mentor can help you in life and in business.
- Why it’s hard to anticipate who you may learn from as a midlife mentor.
- Why soul searching is critical to creating a business that uniquely fits you.
- Why it’s important to think about your level of vulnerability in your business when it comes to sharing.
- How tracking your time is important for success.
- Why being an introvert shouldn’t be used as an excuse.
- How constantly reflecting and checking in with yourself can change your business.
- Why you should go out of your way to find a mentor in midlife.
- How to overcome personal challenges like dealing with Lyme Disease, but still share useful life lessons as you’re running your business,
- How realizing that everyone doesn’t think the same way can be one of the most important things to understand.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This episode features another one of my midlife mentors, Jenny Shih! It’s the third interview in my mini-series about the importance of a mentor in midlife. Jenny is a business coach and just loves helping women be more successful in business!
Specifically, Jenny’s the creator of one of the most effective online business coaching programs around, Make It Work Online™. MIWO is a three-month coaching intensive that gives you a proven, step-by-step plan and the high touch, personalized support you need to a grow a business that supports your life. I took this course, and several others that Jenny offers and am so grateful to have learned so much and to be able to call her a mentor.
During the interview, Jenny shares her take on why the review and assessment of what you’re working so hard to create in your business is critical to making sound decisions as you move forward. This kind of tracking isn’t second nature to many and so important to learn.
Jenny also talks about how being an introvert doesn’t have to be an excuse. Specifically, she shares how she determines how vulnerable she’s comfortable being as she pursues her own priority to stay authentic.
For Jenny, being authentic includes being transparent and honest about her business. Sometimes, this can get personal. This type of information can be so valuable for other entrepreneurs to hear and learn from. Two areas where she was extremely candid have helped so many – the impact of Lyme Disease and how much it actually costs to do a big, program launch. Writing and sharing like this has been greatly appreciated by hundreds of entrepreneurs, both professionally and personally.
Mentorship often comes when you’re not looking. Jenny taught me so much about being vulnerable, staying true to yourself, pushing yourself out of your comfort zone but still setting and respecting your own boundaries and limits as you’re going “all in” to pursue your dreams to become a successful entrepreneur.
Finding a mentor in midlife can really help you, at a deep level. Staying open and connected to what you need can help you find the perfect mentor at this exciting time in your life, being a woman in the middle!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the show:
Connect with Jenny Shih:
Women in the Middle Podcast Midlife Mentorship Series
- Interview with Brooke Castillo
- Interview with Kendrick Shope
- Interview with Jenny Shih
- Interview with Susan Hyatt
- Interview with Tyson Sharpe
Connect with Suzy:
New Midlife Training Video: Find out more about how to get unstuck and live your best life “in the middle” at www.midlifevideo.com
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, apply, and book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
Updated: October 29, 2022