What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Why you Need a Midlife Mentor with Kendrick Shope:
- How having a midlife mentor can help you in business.
- How sometimes you don’t anticipate who your midlife mentor will be.
- Why it’s sometimes important to NOT take yourself too seriously in business.
- Why it’s important to figure out your own level of authenticity in business.
- Why it’s important to have a mindset that supports selling.
- How teaching can be a skill that’s an important part of your business.
- Why you should go out of your way to find a mentor in midlife.
- How Authentic Selling University helps women learn the selling skills to be successful.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This episode features another one of my mentors, Kendrick Shope! It’s the second interview in my mini-series about the importance of mentors in midlife. Kendrick is a sales expert and just loves helping women be more successful in business!
Specifically, Kendrick’s the creator of the leading sales training for women entrepreneurs, Sales School (now Authentic Selling University). She also developed the Authentic Selling® process, which has created millions of dollars in revenue and new business for her clients.
Kendrick also hosts her own Podcast and TV Show, Sell Like a Woman, reaching nearly 100 thousand followers in six continents.
During the interview, Kendrick explains why everyone needs selling so they can get more of what they want in life. The funny thing about being an entrepreneur is that you have to be good at selling AS WELL as what you specialize in. To be successful, you can’t simply focus on your products and services. And selling skills are important beyond business too. It’s integral to everything we want to do.
Many midlife women explore direct sales and multi-level marketing and learning about sales is critical to being successful in this world too. Selling really is a basic skill.
Kendrick also explains her special take on the importance of “authentic selling” and how to maximize this in the online world. This even includes being transparent about making mistakes.
Mentorship comes in many “shapes and sizes.” Kendrick taught me so much, about being authentic, about teaching, and about the importance of selling. You don’t always know you’re being a mentor, and sometimes you don’t even know that you need a mentor. Sometimes you don’t even ever meet a mentor who has really influenced your life. But for sure, mentorship can really change your life and allow you to grow and totally rock your midlife.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the show:
- Visit Kendrick’s Website: www.Kendrickshope.com
- Connect with Kendrick on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kendrickshope
- Connect with Kendrick on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthenticSelling
Women in the Middle Podcast Midlife Mentorship Series
- Interview with Brooke Castillo
- Interview with Kendrick Shope
- Interview with Jenny Shih
- Interview with Susan Hyatt
- Interview with Tyson Sharpe
Connect with Suzy:
New Midlife Training Video: Find out more about how to get unstuck and live your best life “in the middle” at www.midlifevideo.com
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, apply, and book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback to: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
Updated: October 29,