What You’ll Learn from this Podcast Episode about the unbelievable value of midlife membership; Interview with Brooke Castillo:
- Why having Brooke Castillo with me for midlife mentorship has been unbelievably valuable.
- Why it’s so important for you to have midlife mentorship.
- Why it’s critical to evolve and grow in midlife and how a mentor can help.
- Why it’s not always important to actually know your mentors personally.
- How a mentor can really help you get out of your comfort zone.
- Why offering yourself up as a mentor can be incredibly fulfilling in midlife.
- How I borrowed Brooke Castillo’s confidence in me.
- How you just don’t always know where you mentor is going to come from.
- Why as a mentor, it’s important to share without expectation that anyone will take action.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle® Podcast!
Welcome to the 50th episode of Women in the Middle Podcast about the unbelievable value of having midlife mentorship!
Today’s episode of Women in the Middle kicks off a mini-series developed in honor of the one year anniversary of the podcast about why mentors rock in midlife.
Specifically, we’ll be talking about the unbelievable value of a midlife mentor, why you NEED a mentor in midlife and also why it’s amazing to BE a mentor in midlife.
I couldn’t think of a better person to help launch this mini-series than one of the most significant mentors in my life, Brooke Castillo.
Brooke is a Master Certified Life & Weight Loss Coach, Founder, Curriculum Creator and Instructor for The Life Coach School and Director of Self-Coaching Scholars. She’s also the author of several books, including If I’m So Smart, Why Can’t I Lose Weight and Self Coaching 101. Many of you might also be familiar with her extremely popular podcast, The Life Coach School Podcast. Brooke has an amazing sense of humor and is extremely gifted as a coach and educator. She’s one of the most creative and highly productive people I’ve ever met in my life and I’m absolutely thrilled to have had an opportunity to talk to her about what her mentorship has meant to me over the past few years.
The funny thing about mentors is that sometimes you don’t even know that you need them…or, for that matter, where to find them. That’s exactly what happened with me when I found Brooke.
Brooke shares who some of her important mentors have been as well and the important lessons she learned from them.
A mentor can change your life in ways that are hard to know in advance. Sometimes you learn skills from them; sometimes you are gently guided out of your comfort zone so you can continue to grow and evolve.
One of the most interesting things about mentorship is that it’s unbelievably rewarding. Being a mentor and finding a mentor and be life changing for sure.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- The Life Coach School Website: https://thelifecoachschool.com/
- Book: If I’m So Smart, Why Can’t I Lose Weight (Out of print – being revised)
- Book: Self-Coaching 101
Women in the Middle Podcast Midlife Mentorship Series
- Interview with Brooke Castillo
- Interview with Kendrick Shope
- Interview with Jenny Shih
- Interview with Susan Hyatt
- Interview with Tyson Sharpe
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes