What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s common in midlife to feel too busy.
- Why feeling too busy is actually caused by the way you think about time.
- How feeling too busy can create unnecessary stress.
- How feeling too busy to cut a mango helped illuminate a problem with priorities.
- Why feeling too busy gets in the way of being more present in your life.
- What you can do to feel less busy.
- Six steps to help you figure out how you want to feel when it comes to what you’re busy with.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode is all about another common occurrence in midlife – feeling too busy.
More specifically, we’re going to be talking about what happens when you feel too busy on a regular basis, how feeling this way can create unnecessary stress and what you can actually do about it to make sure you’re out of autopilot and living intentionally, even when you have a lot to do.
Feeling too busy is pervasive in our society. The thing is that many of us feel too busy automatically, like out of habit. We have a lot to do and we just expect there won’t be enough time to do what we have to do. The problem with feeling too busy is that when we feel this way, we often use it as an excuse NOT to do what we really think is important. It’s a problem because we are creating stress and not living intentionally.
We also aren’t completely aware that “feeling too busy” is really about a way we’re thinking. It’s not a feeling, but it creates a feeling. Thoughts are optional; there are other ways to think about what we want and have to do. Listen for six clear steps to help you dig a little deeper into the whole “feeling busy” thing, and learn what you can do about it to manage your mind and live more intentionally.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Ready to get clear and get going? Connect with Suzy:
- Here’s how to book your Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org