What you’ll learn in this episode about going back to school and changing your career in midlife: Interview with Patty Shore, Curator of Collections and Exhibitions at Heritage Farmstead Museum in Plano, Texas
- What it’s like to go back to school at 55 years old, in midlife
- How your child’s high school graduation can raise questions about how you want to contribute professionally going forward.
- What it’s like to find your passion.
- How exciting it is to finally have a job that you love.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Are you dreaming about going back to school in midlife?
This week’s episode features an interview that’s part of the Getting Real with Women in the Middle Series. Getting Real introduces you to real life women in the middle who have made a big change and figured out how to love their midlife.
This week, I want to introduce you to Patty Shore, Curator of Collections and Exhibitions at Heritage Farmstead Museum in Plano, Texas. Patty is a woman in the middle who has done just that; she worked hard to figure out what she wanted to do when she grew up, after the kids moved out of the house. For her, this included going back to school at 55 years old.
Patty shares what it was like for her in midlife when her kids started to graduate, how she figured out what she wanted to do, how she decided to go back to school, and what it’s like to finally find a career that you love, even at this age.
Like so many of the episodes in this podcast, Patty shows us how you can really do what you want if you focus and keep working hard to accomplish your goal. Sometimes the clarity about what you want to do isn’t so obvious, but through trial and error, you can figure it out and find a job that you love.
Featured on the Show:
- The Heritage Farmstead Museum in Plano, Texas:
- Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Listen to the FREE Get Unstuck in Midlife Podcast Bundle: www.suzyrosenstein.com/podcast-bundle/
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? You can have in-depth, personal support by coaching together. Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life! CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join Finally First: This is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the coaching concepts in your everyday life and most importantly, am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get unstuck and find the clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join now!
- New email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes