What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Get Unstuck & Pivot In and Out of Corporate with Lia Garvin:
- How to get unstuck & pivot in and out of corporate.
- How to know when it’s time to make a change or pivot in your corporate career.
- Why a pattern of feeling frustrated can be a sign of what you really want.
- Why reframing your thinking can help free you from the patterns and people that hold you back.
- Why Lia Garvin’s recent book, “UNSTUCK: Reframe Your Thinking to Free Yourself From the Patterns and People that Hold You Back” is particularly useful when you’re stuck.
- Why it’s important to be curious about your transferable business skills when making a career pivot.
- Why understanding the reality of your choices and options can change your thinking about what’s possible in your career.
- Why waiting to become more confident won’t help you move toward your goals.
- Why it’s so important to remember to challenge your perspective and your thinking about what is actually true and what’s not true.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is all about how to get unstuck and pivot in and out of corporate life with special guest, Lia Garvin. Lia’s got a great “get unstuck story” and you know how much I love a story like that.
When you’re stuck, you’re searching for inspiration on how to stop the spin, get some clarity, and move forward already. That’s why I know you’re going to love meeting her and hearing our conversation.
Lia is the author of the book, UNSTUCK: Reframe Your Thinking to Free Yourself From the Patterns and People that Hold You Back. To write this book, she leaned into nearly 10 years of experience working in some of the largest and most influential companies in tech including Microsoft, Apple, and Google to explore the power of reframing to overcome common challenges found in the modern workplace.
She’s also a TEDx and SXSW speaker and has been a featured guest on WGN Chicago and WJLA Washington DC news. She was recognized by the National Diversity Council as a 2021 DEI Champion.
As an operations leader, speaker, and organizational consultant, Lia is on a mission to humanize the workplace, one conversation at a time. Through her writing, leadership coaching, and savvy program management skills, she brings an authentic and irreverent sense of humor to teams to help them examine the challenges holding them back and focus on what matters.
She has built robust diversity & inclusion programs, launched the world’s first holographic computer, driven programs, and initiatives around team inclusion and organizational effectiveness, and coaches people on how to drive impactful work and thrive working in tech.
Lia has a Bachelor of Arts from UCLA in sociology, and a Master of Arts in media studies from the New College of California, and is a Co-Active and ICF-certified professional coach.
If you want to get unstuck in your career, don’t miss this episode. It’s particularly relevant for you no matter where you work, corporate or not. It’s about making this important pivot that can really change your life. Don’t miss this episode!
Connect with Lia Garvin
Book: UNSTUCK: Reframe Your Thinking to Free Yourself From the Patterns and People that Hold You Back is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target and wherever books are sold, as well as Lia’s website above.
Featured on the Podcast:
New Midlife Training: Free Video – www.midlifevideo.com
My “new” Vintage Mic!
How coaching helped Laura Get Unstuck and Choose a Satisfying Medical Career in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/client-success-story-how-coaching-helped-laura-get-unstuck-and-choose-a-satisfying-medical-career-in-midlife/
Career Pivots and Digital Marketing Success with Kim Garst: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-208-career-pivots-digital-marketing-success-with-kim-garst/
Empty Nest Career Reimagination in Midlife with Kelly Christian https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-204-empty-nest-career-re-imagination-in-midlife-with-kelly-christian/
Get Unstuck and Connect with Suzy
New Midlife Training Video: Find out more about how to get unstuck and live your best life “in the middle” at www.midlifevideo.com
Get Unstuck with the Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, apply and book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life:50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.