What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Fun, Fear, Creativity & Midlife Change with Comedian Katie Goodman:
- Why noticing that you’re doing too many things is a realization that can be life-changing.
- What it’s like to be a creative entrepreneur who lost their career during the pandemic.
- Why it can be hard and exciting to consider making the change you want to make.
- Why thinking “I’m too old to start now” can be incredibly negative.
- Why it’s important to be curious about your transferable business skills when making a pivot.
- Why your goals for success may be different than they were 20 years ago or so.
- How boredom can be a surprising motivator for change.
- How midlife coaching can teach you how to think on purpose and take your emotional power back and lead to more happiness and joy in midlife even when you want to make a change.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is all about fun, fear, creativity, and midlife change with special guest, Comedian, Katie Goodman.
Katie Goodman is an award-winning comedian, an executive life coach, and an author. Katie’s work in comedy has amassed over 3 million online views. She can be seen on Showtime, TruTV, and, more often than she would admit, in line getting a mocha latte with extra, extra whipped cream.
Katie literally wrote the book on using improv comedy to improve your life. Her show “Broad Comedy” plays Off-Broadway and tours nationally. Her love for self-help and comedy lands her career somewhere in between Tina Fey and Deepak Chopra. Her work has been celebrated by Arianna Huffington, Leslie Stahl, Time Out New York, and her Pilates teacher in Brooklyn who says she is “getting better.”
Besides her own book, Katie’s writing can be seen in O, The Oprah Magazine, and The Huffington Post. Katie holds a degree in Philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania and was nominated for the MacArthur Genius Grant for her work in theater. She got beat out by the astrophysicist who discovered the multiphase liquid behavior of nuclei, but better luck next time.
Through her training and speaking, Katie has taught over 10,000 people how to use the tools of improv comedy in their lives to handle absolutely anything and be more creative, courageous, and confident. When she’s not at home in New York City, Katie can be found traveling the country for speaking events, comedy shows, “Creativity for Life” retreats, and live corporate workshops and training, teaching participants how to thrive at handling anything that comes their way.
Katie’s life in the arts and in theatre came to an abrupt stop during the pandemic. She knew it was time to make a change, but she didn’t know what she wanted. Katie wanted to understand the whole plan for her future; however, that’s not the way the world works.
Katie challenged herself to discover why she was afraid. Boredom became an unusually effective motivator that helped her take one step at a time to her exciting and fulfilling next chapter. Enjoy this episode!
Connect with Katie Goodman
Featured on the Podcast:
The Women in the Middle Academy: www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Free Passion Project Worksheet: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Podcast: Episode 9: Finding my Passion to Teach Creativity in Midlife with Eileen McKenna: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-179-finding-my-passion-to-teach-creativity-in-midlife-with-eileen-mckenna/
Podcast: Episode: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-266-creative-expression-in-midlife-finding-your-passion-for-alcohol-ink-with-faigie-kobre/
Blog: 5 Ways to Thrive in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/5-ways-to-thrive-in-midlife/
Podcast: Episode 75: Why It’s Important to have a Whale of a Passion: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-75-why-its-important-to-have-a-whale-of-a-passion/
Connect with Suzy
New Midlife Training Video: Find out more about how to get unstuck and live your best life “in the middle” at www.midlifevideo.com
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, apply and book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat! You can also DM me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/themidlifecoach (@themidlifecoach).
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life:50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.