Ep 255: Encore! When You’re Too Busy in Midlife
What You’ll Learn About Being Too Busy in Midlife:
- Why it’s common in midlife to feel too busy.
- Why feeling too busy is actually caused by the way you think about time.
- How feeling too busy can create unnecessary stress.
- How feeling too busy to cut a mango helped illuminate a problem with priorities.
- Why feeling too busy can get in the way of being more present in your life.
- What you can do to feel less busy.
- Six steps to help you figure out how you want to feel when it comes to what you’re doing.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s encore episode is about being too busy in midlife. An encore episode is one that I’m bringing back and highlighting again for you because it’s popular and important. This episode originally came out in the first year of Women in the Middle and continues to be one that really makes you think.
We’re going to be talking about what happens when you feel too busy in midlife on a daily basis, how feeling this way can create unnecessary stress. You’ll also hear ideas about what you can actually do about feeling too busy to make sure you understand your options. The goal is to get out of autopilot living and be more intentional, even when you have a lot to do.
I’m sure it’s not surprising to you that feeling too busy in midlife is pervasive in our society.
The thing is that many of us feel too busy automatically, like out of habit. We have a lot to do and we just expect there won’t be enough time to do what we have to do. The problem with feeling too busy is that when you feel this way, you often use it as an excuse NOT to do what you really think is important. It’s a problem because you’re creating stress and not being intentional about your life.
It’s also common not to be really aware of what “feeling too busy” in midlife is really all about. Specifically, it’s the way you’re thinking about what you’re doing or have to do. It’s not a feeling, but it creates a feeling. Thoughts are optional; there are other ways to think about what we want and have to do. Listen for six clear steps to help you dig a little deeper into the whole “feeling busy” thing, and learn what you can do about it to manage your mind and live more intentionally.
Enjoy this encore episode!
Featured on this episode:
Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
Women in the Middle Podcast, Episode 241, https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-241-living-on-autopilot-in-midlife/
Women in the Middle Podcast: Episode 118, https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-118-catching-autopilot-thinking-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download your FREE gift, 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?