Ep 254: Walking More in Midlife with Joyce Shulman
What You’ll Learn About Walking More in Midlife:
- Why walking more, especially in midlife, is a great idea.
- What it’s like to leave a legal career and become an entrepreneur.
- Why walking is so good for your health.
- Why a walking practice can be great for your mind, mood, and body.
- How walking can boost your creativity.
- How walking can help with decision fatigue.
- How “awe walks” can be beneficial.
- Why a walking practice can be beneficial for your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Walking more in midlife is an exceptionally beneficial thing to do. Our guest today, Joyce Shulman of 99 Walks. She explains why walking can be great for your mind, mood, and body.
Joyce Shulman is founder and CEO of the walking app 99 Walks and Macaroni Kid, which reaches millions of moms each month with hyper-local and national e-newsletters and websites, social media content, video, and her Weekly Walk podcast.
Having created a one-of-a-kind digital platform, she connects families to the wonders of their own communities and inspires women to chase their dreams and crush their goals.
Her most recent endeavor and the reason I was so excited to have her on as a guest, is 99 Walks, which has been featured in Parade, Woman’s Day, InTouch, Mothering Magazine, The Today Show, and more! Joyce is on a mission to combat loneliness and improve fitness through the simple act of encouraging moms to walk together.
A self-confessed idea junkie, in 1998, Joyce made a huge career change. She abandoned law firm life to liberate her entrepreneurial spirit and focus on the things that are most important to her: family, community, and empowering women to chase their dreams.
It’s so great when there’s clear direction for what you can do for your health in midlife. Walking more is a slam dunk! With our guest today, you just KNOW there’s a good midlife story there, so let’s dive in!
Please enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
Joyce Shulman’s book, Walk your Way to Better: 99 Walks that will Change your Life (available on Amazon)
99 Walks: https://www.99walks.fit/
Walking and the Brain: https://www.eatthis.com/news-does-walking-improve-memory/
Suzy’s Free Worksheet about Awe and Radical Amazement: https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle_11
Free Gift: Download your FREE gift, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: 50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org