EP #244: When Your Unhelpful Thoughts Aren’t Obvious in Midlife
What You’ll Learn About When Your Thoughts Aren’t Obvious in Midlife:
- Why it’s important to understand what unhelpful thoughts are in midlife and why they aren’t obvious.
- Why increasing your awareness of common problematic thoughts is helpful.
- Why curiosity can help you discover the thoughts you are thinking that are unhelpful.
- Why understanding your age can help provide more context for your thought patterns and habits.
- Why having self-compassion can help you with mindfulness.
- Why it’s important to notice your thoughts and how they make you feel.
- Why you need to be more intentional about your life to get the results you want
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Unhelpful thoughts and thought patterns aren’t always obvious in midlife. This is surprising to many because you like to think that you know how to help yourself accomplish your goals.
Today’s episode helps you understand why just because you think in a certain way, it doesn’t mean that you are setting yourself up to have the results you want to have. The thoughts that can get in the way don’t appear problematic at first glance. But when you dig down a bit by using the tips and strategies discussed in the episode, you see that there’s more going on when it comes to the power of your thinking.
Two main strategies are explored and demonstrated so that you can easily apply these lessons to your life.
You will recognize what unhelpful thoughts look like and learn questions to ask so that you tweak your thoughts if you choose to so that you create a different result for yourself; these strategies help you continue to increase your awareness about your thinking and how it’s affecting you. This new awareness is another way to help set yourself up for being more intentional and having more happiness in midlife.
Please enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 5 Steps to Defunkify your Midlife Mood: www.bit.ly/thoughtawareness
Related Episodes & Blogs:
Ep 256: Finding Joy in the Present Moment with Tom Sterner, Author of the Practicing Mind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-156-finding-joy-in-the-present-moment-with-tom-sterner-author-of-the-practicing-mind/
Ep 196: 12 Amazing Reasons to Hire a Midlife Coach to Get Unstuck: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-196-12-amazing-reasons-to-hire-a-midlife-coach-to-get-unstuck/
Ep 198: How to Make Problem-Solving Effortless in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-198-how-to-make-problem-solving-effortless-in-midlife/
BLOG: 5 Easy Steps to Think Through your Thoughts: https://suzyrosenstein.com/5-easy-steps-to-think-through-your-thoughts/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free, and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org