EP #240: The Decision to Create Your Life & Tell Your Story in Midlife with Michèle Dawson Haber
What You’ll Learn About The Decision to Create Your Life & Tell Your Story in Midlife:
- Why it may be difficult to decide to create your life & tell your story in midlife.
- Why it’s important to understand what “wanting more” means to you in midlife.
- Why taking a class is a great way to get more confidence to pursue your passion to write.
- Why immersing yourself into an online community of like-minded women pursuing similar goals can be incredibly supportive.
- How handling rejection and feedback from other professionals can help you attain your goals as a writer.
- Why being open to learning more about what truly motivates you can help you soar.
- Why it’s important not to give up.
- Why being open to learning more about yourself and your identity can help you when you least expect it.
- Why the impact of being step-adopted may not be understood.
- Why the impact of your thoughts about being a beginner and doing something new might surprise you!
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
In midlife, one of the most important things you can do is create your life on purpose and tell your story, including to yourself. This isn’t always as easy or simple as it might seem.
My guest today is Michèle Dawson Haber. Michèle works full-time as a labour relations professional but didn’t let that stop her from pursuing her dream to become a writer and getting published for the first time at age 55.
Michèle is also someone I’ve known now for about 20 years or so because our kids went to the same schools and were buddies growing up. Actually, that’s part of what makes this interview so interesting because there are important aspects of our lives that are similar, but we didn’t realize how much so until recently. We were both step-adopted and had fathers who died by suicide.
Michèle shares her personal story in so many ways, including how she is preparing for her next chapter as a writer. Something amazing happened in her life when she had the opportunity to hear her father’s voice on old audio reels. She knew that was the story she had to discover and share. Becoming a writer is her dream. Her perspective about creating your life and not waiting for it to happen to you, as well as her thoughts about failure and how she uses it to help her, are both fascinating and inspiring.
Please enjoy this interview!
Featured in this Episode:
Contact Michèle Dawson Haber: Website: https://www.micheledhaber.com/; Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/micheledhaber/
Ep 82, Women in the Middle Podcast: Midlife Reflections on Adoption and Assisted Reproduction https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-82-midlife-reflections-on-adoption-assisted-reproduction-with-dr-michael-grand/
Ep 214: Write your First Book in Midlife with Lindsey Smith: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-214-write-your-first-book-in-midlife-with-lindsey-smith/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: email@example.com