EP #239: The Choice to Leave Corporate in Midlife with Cheryl Dawson
What You’ll Learn About The Choice to Leave Corporate in Midlife:
- Why it’s common to consider the choice to leave corporate in midlife and making a change.
- Why increasing your awareness of your thoughts about what you want is critical.
- Why it’s important to lean into your transferable skills and trust yourself.
- Why it’s important to be open to learning from doing, even when you don’t have all the answers.
- Why the impact of your thoughts about being a beginner and doing something new might surprise you!
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
The choice to leave your corporate job in midlife can be a stressful one, but also quite common. After you’ve had a career for 20+ years, you may want to continue learning and growing in a way that doesn’t seem possible anymore with your current job.
My guest this week is Cheryl Dawson. She started her own business as a leadership coach after 20 years in a corporate career. After making her 7th big move in her career, her daughter was now in school and she realized that she wanted to settle down for a while and not move cities again anytime soon. She wanted to continue to challenge herself to grow and experience new ways of making an impact.
Cheryl realized that she was no longer aligned with her career and what she knew was best for her. It was time to leave corporate, even though she didn’t know exactly what the next steps would look like.
Now, Cheryl works with leaders of people, individual contributors, and business owners, all of whom want to show up and be seen as leaders wherever they are! She shares lots of insights and tips to help you think through your options with career change with more confidence.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
Contact Leadership Coach, Cheryl Dawson: Instagram: @cherylmariedawson; Facebook: @cherylmariedawson
Ep 189, How Coaching Can Help you Make a Career Change in Midlife with Carolyn Gillespie: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-189-how-coaching-can-help-you-make-a-career-change-in-midlife-with-carolyn-gillespie/Ep 208, Career Pivots & Digital Marketing Success with Kim Garst: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-208-career-pivots-digital-marketing-success-with-kim-garst/
Ep 173, Reimagine your Career to Get Unstuck in Midlife with Laura Blaisdell, MD/MPH: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-173-reimagine-your-career-to-get-unstuck-in-midlife-with-laura-blaisdell-md-mph/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life on their own terms and become the happiest, most free, and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org