EP #238: Time Warp & Time Perception in Midlife
What You’ll Learn About Time Warp and Time Perception in Midlife:
- Why it’s common to feel like you’re in a time warp and struggle with time perception because time feels both different and faster in midlife.
- Why increasing your awareness of your thoughts about aging is valuable.
- Why it’s important to be curious about what you think about time is important.
- Why challenging your thoughts about aging and time when they don’t serve you is a great skill.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
It’s common for time perception to feel different and faster in midlife. This can freak you out sometimes because it can be hard to understand how it’s affecting you. You can feel like you’re in a time warp.
The strangeness of time perception in midlife was made painfully obvious by a recent Facebook post that featured this anonymous, scroll-stopping idea in a graphic: “When you realize that 1970 and 2022 are as far apart as 1970 and 1918…I’m just going to need a minute.”
I was floored. Noticing your reaction to this idea is interesting and compelling. Listen today to explore your thoughts and feelings around the passage of time and your perception of time, and learn firsthand why you might feel like you’re experiencing a bit of a midlife time warp!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
Suzy’s Fun Finds: Your Old CDs
Free guide, 10 Ways to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions
Related Women in the Middle Episodes:
Ep 219: Thinking about Time in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-119-thinking-about-time-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life on their own terms and become the happiest, most free, and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: email@example.com