EP #236: The Choice to Challenge or Believe your Thoughts in Midlife
What You’ll Learn About The Choice to Challenge or Believe Your Thoughts in Midlife:
- Why the choice to challenge or believe your thoughts is important to understand in midlife.
- Why increasing your awareness of your thoughts is valuable.
- Why it’s important to be curious about what you think and believe on autopilot.
- Why challenging your thoughts when they don’t serve you is a great skill.
- Why being more compassionate and curious about yourself can help you get unstuck.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
What thoughts you believe automatically and what thoughts you challenge can dramatically change your life.
You have thousands and thousands of thoughts a day. Some you believe, without question. If you practice mindfulness and are fascinated with what’s going on up there, you may challenge your thoughts but most of us don’t typically do that. We just respond to what we think automatically.
It’s important to increase awareness of your thoughts and be more intentional about your life, starting with managing your mind. If you aren’t curious, you won’t be aware of your thoughts. If you don’t know what you’re thinking, it’s hard to be clear about what you believe without question. If you aren’t clear about the range of thoughts you’re thinking, especially what doesn’t serve you and isn’t useful at all, you won’t appreciate the importance of challenging yourself and your thoughts to figure out what you want to think on purpose. Great tips and strategies are discussed to help you grow in this area of thinking more on purpose.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
Episode 2, The Model – Your Mindfulness Framework in Midlife and Beyond: https://suzyrosenstein.com/the-model/
Related Women in the Middle Episode:
Episode 190: Who Do You Think You Are in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-190-who-do-you-think-you-are-in-midlife/
5 Easy Steps to Think Through your Thoughts: https://suzyrosenstein.com/5-easy-steps-to-think-through-your-thoughts/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org