EP #232: Why Compare and Despair Doesn’t Serve You in Midlife
What You’ll Learn About Compare and Despair and How It Doesn’t Serve You in Midlife.
- Why compare and despair doesn’t serve you in midlife.
- How autopilot thinking affects compare and despair.
- Why understanding what your goals are is related to compare and despair.
- Six steps to avoid compare and despair.
- What common negative emotions are related to comparing yourself to others.
- Why comparing yourself to others is part of being human.
- Why thinking on purpose can help you compare and despair less.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
“Compare and despair” doesn’t typically serve you in midlife. Comparing yourself to others can lead to a variety of negative emotions and can affect your confidence.
Today’s episode teaches you what compare and despair looks like and feels like. Once you increase your awareness and understanding, you can learn to engage in it less. Once you know the mechanics of the cycle, you can learn how to manage your mind so you do it less. Specifically, learn six ways to have more self-compassion and less self-judgment so that you can break the compare and despair cycle.
Featured in this Episode:
Free Gift: Regret Proof Your Vision Board Guide https://suzyrosenstein.com/regretproofvision/
Other Related Women in the Middle Podcast Episodes:
Ep 165: The Urge to Compare and Despair in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-165-the-urge-to-compare-and-despair-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life on their own terms and become the happiest, most free, and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org