EP #224: The Challenge of Being a Home Cook in Midlife with Christine Pittman.
What You Will Learn About The Challenge of Being a Home Cook in Midlife.
- Why midlife can be a challenge when you’re a home cook.
- Simple changes you can make to connect with what YOU like.
- Suggestions for appliances that will make your life easier.
- Why a simple casserole dish can really help you.
- How repurposing leftovers can be super efficient.
- Why you might want to take another look at your old cookbooks!
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
In today’s episode, you’ll learn about how to rethink cooking at home so that you actually like it more than you might expect.
It can get really challenging in the kitchen in midlife. The transitions later in life really affect your kitchen. You may be dealing with empty nest, suddenly living alone and being divorced and all of these transitions will make your “normal” routines in the kitchen really different.
It can feel like a lot to cope with and anticipate many of these changes. And, it can be really frustrating when you can’t solve this problem with ease.
My guest, Christine Pittman is the Senior Editor and Owner of The Cookful and of COOKtheSTORY and of the podcast Time Management Insider. Her sites reach over 2 million readers per month; she’s constantly writing, taking pictures, editing, recording, interviewing, managing contributors, and, oh yeah, cooking!
Christine is a mom of two. She’s always busy creating recipes that take less time in the kitchen, giving you more time at the table. She’s also the author of The All New Chicken Cookbook + 40 more cookbooks. Her love for cooking started early, always watching and listening to her mother and grandmother in the kitchen.
10 years ago while on maternity leave, Christine started a hobby food blog and now her easy and delicious recipes reach millions of readers.
I know you’re going to get a lot of great ideas and tips from this episode.
Featured in this Episode:
Ep 194: Women in the Middle Podcast, Thinking about food in midlife. https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-194-thinking-about-food-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy:
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
Email your feedback: email@example.com