EP #217: The Experience of Forgetting Stuff in Midlife
What You Will Learn More about the Experience of Forgetting Stuff in Midlife.
- Why it’s important to be aware of your thoughts about forgetting stuff in midlife.
- Why you may not realize how negative your thinking is about aging.
- Why it’s common to think that forgetfulness in midlife could mean something serious.
- Why learning to be aware of your thinking about forgetfulness is important.
- Why learning to think on purpose can help you create a more useful mindset about aging.
- Why you should consider following up with your physician if you’re really concerned about being forgetful.
- Why getting better at mindfulness can help you live a more intentional midlife.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Are you forgetting more stuff now in midlife? It’s common to notice times that you forget something and wonder whether or not it’s normal.
Many women aren’t aware of their thoughts about forgetfulness in aging. Many times, you might find yourself just automatically thinking negatively about memory. Just like other parts of your life, learning to be more aware of your actual thoughts and feelings about getting older will help you.
Once you understand your specific thoughts, you can decide if they are useful to you or not. If not, you can learn to think on purpose so that you create the actual experience you want in all parts of your life, but especially when you forget something.
Please enjoy this episode!
Related Episodes and Resources:
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 178: A Candid Humorous Look at Aging with Joan Lunden: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-178-a-candid-humorous-look-at-aging-with-joan-lunden/
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep134: Do You Feel Old in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-134-do-you-feel-old-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Listen to the FREE Get Unstuck in Midlife Podcast Bundle: www.suzyrosenstein.com/podcast-bundle/
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org