EP #214: Write your First Book in Midlife with Lindsey Smith
What You Will Learn About Your Decision To Write Your First Book in Midlife with Lindsey Smith.
- How to think about your decision to write your first book in midlife.
- Why there are more options to write about than you might imagine.
- How to think about writing your first book that’s not overwhelming.
- Why the decision to write a tiny book can be rewarding and fun.
- How taking the Tiny Book Course can help you learn how to self-publish your book.
- Why doing something you’ve been thinking about for a long time feels amazing.
- Why the Tiny Book process can build the confidence you need to be confident as an author.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Have you been thinking about writing a book? You might be stuck because you don’t understand how to think about the decision to write your first book in midlife.
My guest today is Lindsey Smith. She’s the Founder of One Idea Press and the Co-Founder of Get It Done Productions, a company specializing in writing, communication, marketing, and publishing services.
Lindsey’s #1 passion is to help you take your project from “idea” to “done.” She’s an award-winning, #1 best-selling author who has written eight books of her own, and counting.
Early in her career, she also created one of the world’s first online programs on how to self-publish a book. To date, she has helped over 1,000 people achieve their dream of becoming an author.
Mental health, wellness, and food are just a few of Lindsey’s passions. Her latest book, Eat Your Feelings, won the Silver Award in Natural, Nutrition, Organic, Vegetarian category of the 2018 Living Now Book Award.
She has been invited to speak on major stages, including Google Talks and TEDxPittsburgh.
Lindsey has an incredible knack for getting things done—whether it’s producing a conference for hundreds of attendees, finding corporate sponsors to fund a project, or recording a rap song about the importance of eating vegetables (yes, she has done all of those things and more).
She will motivate you to get moving and make your vision happen.
Please enjoy this fun and inspiring interview!
Connect with Lindsey Smith
Enroll in The Tiny Book Course and other Get It Done Courses: (As you know, I’m a proud graduate of The Tiny Book Course and I’m an affiliate too because I know that this course will help so many would-be writers who listen to the Women in the Middle Podcast. What this means is that if you get excited about this course or other courses at Get It Done and enroll using this special link and discount code, you get to save money and I get a small commission. It’s a total win-win! I only promote products and courses that I’ve personally purchased and that I strongly believe in.) HERE’S THE LINK!
https://bit.ly/TinyBookFun ; Use Discount Code: SUZYROSENSTEIN
Related Episodes and Resources:
Women in the Middle Podcast, Episode 149: Top 5 Reasons to Write Letters Again in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-149-top-5-reasons-to-write-letters-again-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy:
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to Get Unstuck in Your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org