EP #212: How to Move from Passion to Purpose with Amy McLaren
What You’ll Learn in this Episode How to Move from Passion to Purpose with Amy McLaren.
- How you can move from passion to purpose at any stage of your life.
- Why it’s common to be confused about your passion and purpose.
- What you can do to help you identify your passion and purpose.
- Why it’s common to struggle with identifying passion and purpose, especially in midlife.
- Why putting yourself first makes passion and purpose possible.
- How you can incorporate more passion and purpose into your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Are you longing to be clear about your passion and purpose in the world? This is a common struggle in midlife. My guest today is Amy McLaren, author of the new book, Passion to Purpose: A Seven-Step Journey to Shed Self-Doubt , Find Inspiration, and Change Your Life (and the World) for the Better.
Amy has gone from being a Grade 1 Teacher, to a passion-led entrepreneur who now owns multiple businesses and a non-profit.
She’s also a busy mom of two and splits her time between leading LadyStrength, a growing online community of driven, entrepreneurial women, growing an Airbnb business, and being a hands-on CEO of Village Impact, the charity she and her husband Stu McLaren founded more than a decade ago.
Village Impact partners with communities in rural Kenya to provide community-led access to quality education and entrepreneurship opportunities. To date, Village Impact has built 14 schools that deliver education to nearly 5,000 students daily.
Her new book, Passion to Purpose, is a hands-on guide to discovering your passion, living your purpose, and positively impacting the world. It’s basically an inspiring, 7 step plan to live a passion-fueled, purpose-driven life.
This book and interview is all about reconnecting, or perhaps even connecting to your deepest passions, perhaps for the first time.
Also, please note that net proceeds from all book sales are donated to Village Impact for the construction of a girls’ school in rural Kenya.
Please enjoy this interview!
Connect with Amy McLaren
Buy Amy’s Book, Passion to Purpose: A Seven-Step Journey to Shed Self-Doubt , Find Inspiration, and Change Your Life (and the World) for the Better
Related Episodes and Resources:
FREE! Suzy’s Passion Project Worksheet: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Women in the Middle Podcast Episode 13: Do What You Love – Why you Need a Passion Project https://suzyrosenstein.com/do-what-you-love/
Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog: How My Midlife Passion Project got Me into the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA): https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlife-moma/
Women in the Middle Podcast Episode 127: The Secret to Finding your Midlife Passion Project: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-127-the-secret-to-finding-your-midlife-passion-project/
Women in the Middle Episode 75: Why It’s Important to Have a Whale of a Passion: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-75-why-its-important-to-have-a-whale-of-a-passion/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Listen to the FREE Get Unstuck in Midlife Podcast Bundle: www.suzyrosenstein.com/podcast-bundle/
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? You can have in-depth, personal support by coaching together. Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life! CLICK HERE to apply.
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com