EP #208: Career Pivots & Digital Marketing Success with Kim Garst
What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Career Pivots & Digital Marketing Success with Kim Garst.
- What’s important to know about career pivots and success.
- Why it’s common not to understand how a decision will affect the next one.
- How you can understand your passion.
- How being open to taking the first step in a new direction is critical.
- Why appreciating your “soft” skills, as well as your “hard” skills is essential for success.
- Why staying connected to what you actually want in midlife will make you happy.
- Why social audio and short form content are exciting new trends in digital marketing.
- Why the “do-learn-teach” model has helped Kim be a highly successful entrepreneur.
- Why your relationship with yourself and your “why” will bring you true fulfillment.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Being open to career pivots is more important than you might think. Today you’ll meet someone who started out going in one direction, but for a variety of reasons, ended up making a huge pivot that brought her tremendous success. My guest today is Kim Garst, CEO of KG Enterprises and one of the world’s most retweeted people among digital marketers.
Kim laughs when she acknowledges that she’s an accidental entrepreneur. She is a renowned marketing strategist, keynote speaker and an international best-selling author of Will The Real You Please Stand Up, Show Up, Be Authentic and Prosper in Social Media. Kim focuses on helping entrepreneurs grow their business using social and digital media strategies and that’s how I found her online myself.
Forbes named Kim as one of the Top 10 Social Media Power Influencers and she has been featured by Fox News, CBS News, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Businessweek, and Social Media Examiner.
So, not only has Kim become what I like calling the queen of digital marketing, she’s also someone who has successfully pivoted her business many times over the years. And, she started in the digital marketing arena before it was a big deal, way back in the early 90s.
Kim’s also a great example of someone who has found her passion and followed it too, even with all of the twists and turns along the way. In fact, it’s probably a significant reason she’s been so successful for several decades. If you’re an entrepreneur, you’ll learn so much from this episode!
Related Episodes and Resources:
Connect with Kim Garst:
Mini Digital Product: https://minidigitalproduct.com/
Women in the Middle, Ep 184: Are you on the Right Path in Midlife? https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-184-are-you-on-the-right-path-in-midlife/
Want to do what you love? Free download: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Connect with Suzy:
- Looking for a great 50th birthday gift? Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? You can have in-depth, personal support by coaching together. Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life! CLICK HERE to apply.
- Ready to get Clear on your Career? Apply for the 13 week, online coaching program, Clear on Career, for midlife women who want more! APPLY & Get Clear.
- Join Finally First: This is my midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the coaching concepts in your everyday life and most importantly, am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get unstuck and find the clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join now!
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org