What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Genealogy and Your Family Legacy in Midlife
- How genealogy can really help you explore and share your family legacy in midlife.
- Why looking at the pattern of clues from your past can help you figure out your next chapter.
- How being adopted can affect your genealogical search.
- How library science, research, and agency work blended into a new career.
- Why midlife is the perfect time to get perspective about your family.
- How historical context about your family’s past can help you understand how you got to where you are.
- Why it’s so important to talk to the older people in your family as soon as possible and get them to tell you the stories.
- Why in midlife you become the bridge between the past and the present.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Genealogy can help you with defining your family legacy and is perfect to explore in midlife. My guest today is Laurie Hermance-Moore and her passion is finding information.
As a genealogist accredited by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGenSM), Laurie Hermance-Moore helps clients craft their family’s legacy. With thirty years of research experience, she reveals the forgotten families of her clients, ensuring that their stories are uncovered and captured for future generations. When she’s not working with her clients or serving as a leader in state and national genealogical organizations
Laurie believes that learning about your family history can broaden your midlife perspective. That your legacy should be to leave more than money, and you are the connection between generations.
She defines legacy as “The thoughtful and intentional process of deciding on gifts to share with future generations.” How beautiful is that? It can be incredibly interesting and rewarding for you and your family, both present and future.
I know you’re going to enjoy this episode!
Connect with Laurie Hermance-Moore:
Related Episodes and Resources:
Episode 82, Midlife Reflections on Adoption and Assisted Reproduction with Dr. Michael Grand
Episode 184: Are You on the Right Path in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-184-are-you-on-the-right-path-in-midlife/
Want to do what you love? Free download: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to Get Unstuck in Your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? You can have in-depth, personal support by coaching together. Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life! CLICK HERE to apply.
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Email your feedback: email@example.com