What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Re-evaluating your Life after Grief in Midlife:
- Why it’s important to re-evaluate your life after grief when you’re ready in midlife.
- How the perspective of grief as a natural response to loss is useful.
- How time isn’t often a useful measure with understanding the grief progress.
- How the effect of judging your grief progress can be incredibly painful.
- What the common misconceptions are about grief.
- How post-traumatic growth can be part of your grief experience.
- Why it’s common to turn away from those who are grieving, even unintentionally.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Having to re-evaluate life after grief is common in midlife. Experiencing loss is part of the human experience and as we get older, we tend to experience more loss.
My guest today is Krista St-Germain; she’s a Master Certified Life Coach, grief expert, widow, mom and host of The Widowed Mom Podcast.
When her husband was killed by a drunk driver in 2016, Krista’s life was completely flipped upside down. And while it would have been easy to believe her best days were behind her, thankfully Krista discovered Life Coaching and Post Traumatic Growth and was able to move forward and create a future she could get excited about.
Now she coaches and teaches other widows so they can love life again, too.
Krista believes that the goal of life after loss is integrating the life experience, even though it’s sad. Just like other life experiences. Eventually, you can move into being intentional about living the life you want.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
- Krista St-Germain: https://www.coachingwithkrista.com/
- Listen to Krista’s podcast, The Widowed Mom Podcast
- Mourning has Broken: A Collection of Creative Writing about Grief and Healing co-edited by Liz Pearl and Mara Koven-Gelman:: http://www.mourninghasbrokenbook.com/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life!. CLICK HERE to apply.
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org