What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Home Sharing as an Empty Nester:
- Why home sharing is a viable option for many in empty nesters in midlife.
- How to learn more about home sharing as an empty nester.
- What the advantages are to home sharing (it’s more than just income!).
- How to determine if home sharing is a good option for you.
- What the barriers are to home sharing in midlife.
- How even knowing that home sharing is an option in the future can help you with midlife plans.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Curious about planning ahead for pre-retirement, retirement or just midlife in general as an empty nester? You might just be sitting in and on a gold mine.
My guest today is Dorothy Mazeau, Founder of Golden HomeSharing Connections and its online database, Golden Girls Canada. If you’re like me, you probably remember the TV show the Golden Girls. What a fun idea it was to live with your cool girlfriends. Well, it turns out that home sharing is a viable, affordable and do-able option, especially as an empty nester in midlife and beyond.
Drawing on more than 20 years of living in shared homes, Dorothy wanted to help others learn how this way of living can add years to your life and life to your years. A long-time community advocate, former architect and practicing realtor, Dorothy has blended her skills and talents to create an encore business for herself in a way that makes a profound difference for all.
Home sharing is a viable, affordable and enjoyable way to live. Whether you’re an empty nester with some empty rooms in your house or ready to co-purchase with some trusted friends, home sharing is a way to gain companionship and help around the house, cut expenses and know someone has your back in an emergency.
There’s a huge need for affordable housing as we age and there’s also a huge resource that is rarely considered, and that’s home sharing.
Dorothy has also followed her passion; launching this business was a natural extension of what she loved thinking about, which is helping communities thrive. You’re going to love learning about this interesting possibility for how to use your home differently now or in the future.
Don’t miss this interview!
Contact Dorothy Mazeau:
- Golden Girls Canada: www.goldengirlscanada.ca
- Upcoming workshops at Golden Girls Canada: https://goldenhomesharingconnections.ca/product-category/events/
- Book: Sharing Housing: A Guidebook for Finding and Keeping Good Housemates by Annamarie Pluhar
(link on Golden Girls Canada: https://goldenhomesharingconnections.ca/publications/)
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: 50waystocelebrate.comand on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life!. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Ready to get Clear on your Career? Apply for the 13 week, online coaching program, Clear on Career, for midlife women who want more! APPLY & Get Clear.
- Join TheFinally First Club: This is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way!
- It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next Join now! www.iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes