What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Thinking about Food in Midlife
- What it’s like to think about food in midlife, especially in the pandemic.
- Why it can be a problem to think about food emotionally.
- 3 ways to commonly think about food that are related to weight gain.
- How to tell if you’re making food mean more than simply fueling your body.
- Why it’s important to understand emotional eating when you want to lose weight.
- How you can learn to think on purpose about food in midlife.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Right now you might be thinking about food a lot more than usual. With all of the pandemic related stress, you might want comfort and to be comfortable.
Food is one of those topics in life that comes with a lot of emotion attached to it. It’s critical to understand how you think about food so that you can empower yourself to be intentional about eating.
If you’re not clear about what you make food mean in your life, you may feel out of control and perhaps be in a situation where you’re gaining weight but confused why. This episode helps you understand the three common ways that most of us think about food that may not be useful to you when you’re trying to lose weight.
When your goal is to help your body release extra weight, it’s important to understand how you’re thinking about food because it may not be helping you at all. Learning to think on purpose about food in midlife will help you with weight loss and so much more.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Podcast: Setting the Stage for Midlife Weight Loss https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-97-setting-the-stage-for-midlife-weight-loss/
- Free Download: Thought Awareness Worksheet: Defunkify your Midlife Mood: https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
- Blog: 5 Easy Steps to Think Through Your Thoughts https://suzyrosenstein.com/5-easy-steps-to-think-through-your-thoughts/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Send me an Email! email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes