What You’ll Learn in this Episode about How Coaching can Help You Make a Career Change in Midlife:
- How a career change can be overwhelming and confusing in midlife.
- How there are clues to your desired career path in your past.
- Why it’s important to slow down when you’re feeling stuck about a career change.
- Why it’s important to look at what has always brought you joy to get unstuck.
- Why coaching is a great place to get help when you’re stuck about your future.
- How self-coaching skills are life-changing in midlife and beyond.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Making a career change in midlife can be scary and confusing. My guest today is Carolyn Gillespie and she was feeling stuck in her career. As you can imagine, this is super common with women our age.
Carolyn wanted a new job but didn’t know how to go forward. But she knew she needed to get more clear about the type of career change she actually wanted and to get over the hump of being stuck. She also knew she needed to gain confidence and get to the point where she even understood what her options were.
Carolyn reached out for coaching. She was so ready to do the work. What that means is that she was ready to dig…to ask herself tough questions and to be vulnerable.
Ultimately, Carolyn figured out how to combine her past experiences and education together to find fulfillment. She set out to find a new job in 2020, and though it didn’t happen anywhere close to how she expected it to, she was able to do it and is super excited about what opportunity she created for herself.
I know you’re going to enjoy this interview!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Ep 156, Finding Joy in the Present Moment with Tom Sterner, Author of the Practicing Mind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-156-finding-joy-in-the-present-moment-with-tom-sterner-author-of-the-practicing-mind/
- Thought Awareness Worksheet: Defunkify your Midlife Mood: https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
- The Life Coach School Podcast, Midlife Awakening with Suzy Rosenstein: https://thelifecoachschool.com/podcast/302/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes