What You’ll Learn in this Episode about How Yoga Helped the Discovery of True Self:
- How yoga practice is related to stress reduction.
- How a personal journey full of struggle can be a clue to self discovery.
- What it’s like to question your sexuality in midlife.
- How numbing with alcohol and marijuana blocks your inner voice.
- How fear and shame contribute to the inner struggle.
- How the shift to trusting yourself can be a learned skill.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Numbing your inner experience leads to more stress rather than less. It’s a quick fix but it rarely helps you find what you’re looking for. This week’s guest, yoga expert Stephannie Weikert, shares her personal story of self-discovery and self-acceptance in midlife.
Stephannie is someone who went from stressed and full of self-doubt to calm and confident.
She’s a Certified Yoga Therapist and creator of Make Peace with Stress, a program for smart, capable women who are ready to stop struggling with life’s challenges and start experiencing massive personal growth using the time-tested wisdom of yoga.
Stephannie went through a lot of self-discovery and insight in her 40s. She started to question her sexuality, stopped alcohol and marijuana use and reflected on other chronic stress-related behavior throughout her life.
She really wanted to be more calm, balanced and confident but saw herself as struggling.This was exceptionally challenging because of her feelings of fear and shame. She finally recognized that it was up to her to create this for herself. She needed to learn how to take charge and recognize the wisdom from her inner voice.
Stephannie has quite a story to share about being courageous and persistent enough to find her purpose and trust herself.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Connect with Stephannie Weikert, Make Peace with Stress: https://www.makepeacewithstress.com/
- Kelly McGonigal, How to Make Stress Your Friend:https://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend (TED is the owner of this TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/ )
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Enrollment is opening again soon so get on the VIP Waiting List now! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes