What You’ll Learn in this Episode about What Makes you Squirm in Midlife
- How you can be surprised by what makes you squirm in midlife.
- Why it’s important to notice when you’re uncomfortable and ask yourself why.
- How you can use your feelings of discomfort to help you understand yourself more.
- How it’s common for your thoughts and feelings to change over time about what makes you uncomfortable.
- How you can have fun increasing your awareness about what makes you squirm.
- NOTE: THIS EPISODE HAS AN EXPLICIT RATING
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
What makes you uncomfortable can change in midlife. I like to call this kind of discomfort “squirm worthy.” This is when you don’t know whether to laugh or cry, but you know you’re uncomfortable even if you don’t know why.
You can use your feelings of discomfort as a clue to what you’re thinking about whatever it is. Perhaps it’s language, sexual innuendos, entertainment, images or something like comedy. Perhaps it’s being uncomfortable with heights.
What’s particularly interesting is to increase your awareness of what’s squirm-worthy for you and decide if you like your reasons or not. Your thoughts and feelings may surprise you because they may have changed over the years. Any way you slice it, it’s a great time to be more curious about yourself, especially if you do it with compassion!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
The Tiny Book Course: www.tinybookcourse.com
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Enrollment is opening again soon so get on the VIP Waiting List now! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes