What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Become more Comfortable with Creative Exploration in Midlife:
- Why it’s important to pay attention to your deepest desires.
- How to look for clues about what you’ve always been passionate about.
- Why exploration itself needs to become a skill you can get better at.
- How paying attention to your inner voice can help you get unstuck and find your own voice in midlife.
- How being uncomfortable can be a normal part of the process of your own personal development.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
If not now, when? Do you ever notice yourself thinking this? If so, you have a lot in common with my guest this week, Eileen McKenna.
Eileen didn’t have the confidence to pursue art back in college. She became a graphic designer instead. As she approached 40, however, she tried to figure out what was still holding her back.
Like with so many women in the middle, it was fear. That reason was no longer acceptable and she slowly started to give herself permission to explore. What happened next was a bit of a surprise; Eileen became interested in the process of creating as well as the development of her artistic skill to create.
She started a blog that ended up helping her find her voice and her new identity. She recognized her discomfort but she kept working on the process of exploring in a way she never had before.
Eileen’s commitment to exploration about her own artistic identity also led her to a new career and sense of purpose. She continues to experience great joy and discovery and has never been more creative or fulfilled. She knows now that talent is just the starting point.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Eileen McKenna, Creative Exploration: A Six Week Process for Introducing Regular Creativity into your Life: www.eileenmckenna.com/shop
- Tom Sterner, The Practicing Mind https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-156-finding-joy-in-the-present-moment-with-tom-sterner-author-of-the-practicing-mind/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Enrollment is opening again soon so get on the VIP Waiting List now! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes