What You’ll Learn from this Episode about a Midlife Career Change We All Wish We Made in Our 30s:
- Why you should reflect on what made you happy in your career when you were younger.
- Why identifying what you liked about old jobs and what you didn’t like can help you now.
- Why learning to manage your thoughts and feelings is necessary for change.
- How learning to feel fear and not be as afraid of it can really help you move forward.
- Eight reasons you might want to make a midlife career change.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about the Best Midlife Career Changes We All Wish We Made in Our 30s.
It’s funny about career change in midlife. Some women are more open to it than others. Personally, the emotion of fear had way more of an effect in my life on this topic than I ever expected. I was surprised by it. Fear isn’t the only thing that gets in the way.
I also wasn’t even clear on what I wanted when it came to my career. As it turns out, it’s not just “what” you want to do. It’s also about what else makes you happy and gives you joy that surrounds your job, or are softer aspects of your work experience, like commuting and the way in which you work with people…or not, for example.
Join us today to explore eight common reasons midlife women want to make career changes; quite honestly, they are also reasons that we often wish we had made decades ago. You will get lots of inspiration for what you want and why so get ready!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Episode 142: 4 Things you Need to Know to Make a Midlife Career Change https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-142-4-things-you-need-to-know-to-make-a-midlife-career-change/
- Ep 139: 5 Ways to Use Envy for Good in Midlife https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-139-5-ways-to-use-envy-for-good-in-midlife/
- Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog: 5 Easy Steps to Think Through Your Thoughts https://suzyrosenstein.com/blog/5-easy-steps-to-think-through-your-thoughts/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes