What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Reimagine your Career in Midlife to Get Unstuck:
- How coaching can help you get unstuck.
- Why giving yourself unscheduled time can ultimately help you grow and reimagine career options.
- Why learning to manage your thoughts and feelings is necessary for change.
- How learning to feel fear and not be as afraid of it can really help you move forward with career change.
- Why it’s important to check in with the larger goals of your life and check out a timeline that includes how old you’ll be at that stage in your life for greater awareness and understanding about what you want in midlife.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast!
Today we’re talking about how to reimagine your career to get unstuck in midlife. My guest is Laura Blaisdell, MD/MPH, a doctor who took her love of medicine, public health and people and turned it into a successful consulting business.
I’m thrilled to bring you this interview with Laura actually because as a past client, she shares the process of her self-discovery and transformation so well and in a way that you’ll really be able to relate too.
Laura had a “stuck story” much like so many of us. She did know what she wanted to do. And she didn’t know how to figure it out.
Specifically, Laura is a board-certified public health trained pediatrician who reached the pinnacle of her practice but found herself wanting to do more. She watched her kids getting older too and overall, she wasn’t as happy as she wanted to be. She knew she could make a bigger impact but wasn’t clear at all how.
Through coaching and mindfulness work, Laura was able to grow forward and challenge herself in really significant and meaningful ways. She pivoted her career by asking herself a lot of hard questions and ultimately, reimagining her skills and her interests.
She also took a close look at what she enjoyed about her advocacy work and professional medical experiences and turned them into a successful consulting business with a focus and expertise and vaccine policy and camp medicine. Her unique path forward resulted in a beautiful blend of everything she loved doing in her career!
Get ready to be inspired.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Episode 61: How to Find Joy when you Quit your Job without a Plan with Rose Schmidt https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-61-how-to-find-joy-when-you-quit-your-job-without-a-plan-interview-with-rose-schmidt/
- Passion Project 50 Worksheet about how to find Joy: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Connect with Laura Blaisdell, MD: Blaisdell Consulting
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join the Finally First Club! Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes