What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Midlife Stories on Purpose:
- How to develop the skill to use your midlife stories on purpose for good.
- Why it’s important to understand that your stories can be on autopilot and make you feel bad.
- Why being intentional about the way you tell a story can be empowering.
- Why noticing your feelings can be a sign for how you really feel in midlife.
- How learning to connect with your feelings can help you determine your true thoughts.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about how to develop the skill of using your midlife stories for good. It’s important to learn how to live less on autopilot. It can be a real problem when you’re not aware of how you speak and recap things that happen in your life.
The problem is that much of what you say and think is not intentional. It’s also not common to be really connected to the feelings you’re creating. Once you understand the relationship, you can make it work for you.
I share a particularly embarrassing situation typical during the pandemic, that is, getting stuck outside without an available public bathroom.
Doors are locked. Access is unavailable. What’s a girl to do? There are many ways to tell this story. One of the options is to tell this story in a way that’s useful and makes you feel good.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Episode 159: Stories that Keep you Stuck: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-159-stories-that-keep-you-stuck-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy:
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
NOTE: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes