What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Being Naked, Afraid and Vulnerable in Midlife:
- What it’s like to be naked, afraid and vulnerable in midlife
- What it’s like when every day starts to feel the same in midlife.
- What it’s like to have big epiphanies in midlife about overwhelm and procrastination.
- How to find out what may bring you joy again in midlife.
- Why thought work and mindfulness can help you create the life you want on purpose.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Are you comfortable feeling vulnerable in midlife? Probably not. Discomfort is what’s common but most of us don’t realize why it’s so important to embrace vulnerability, even when you’re naked and afraid sometimes.
Today’s episode is a funny one, but also drives an important point home about the importance of vulnerability to living a meaningful, purposeful life without regrets.
It’s no surprise that this topic is especially relevant in midlife as we age and sometimes need more or different help than before. I share several stories about how being naked and afraid in common life situations raised my awareness of feeling vulnerable. Today’s examples include being in pain and being pregnant, but there many more in everyday life for sure.
Learn three tips to get more comfortable with vulnerability in general, especially when you’re not “in it.” As much as you may have tried to avoid this truth, managing your mind and your emotions better are an incredibly essential part of you thriving in midlife. If you want to do midlife on purpose, embracing vulnerability is key part of your journey!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
Women in the Middle Podcast Episode 109: Midlife Underwear Reboot; 2nd Anniversary Edition
Brene Brown’s TEDx Houston Talk: The Power of Vulnerability
(TED is the owner of this TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/ )
Connect with Suzy:
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes