What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Being Naked, Afraid and Vulnerable in Midlife:
- What it’s like when every day starts to feel the same in midlife.
- How the Finally First Club supports you putting yourself first.
- What it’s like to have big epiphanies in midlife about overwhelm and procrastination.
- How to find out what may bring you joy again in midlife.
- Why thought work and mindfulness can help you create the life you want on purpose.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Are you comfortable feeling vulnerable in midlife? Probably not. Discomfort is what’s common but most of us don’t realize why it’s so important to embrace vulnerability, even when you’re naked and afraid sometimes.
Today’s episode is a funny one, but also drives an important point home about the importance of vulnerability to living a meaningful, purposeful life without regrets.
It’s no surprise that this topic is especially relevant in midlife as we age and sometimes need more or different help than before. I share several stories about how being naked and afraid in common life situations raised my awareness of feeling vulnerable. Today’s examples include being in pain and being pregnant, but there many more in everyday life for sure.
Learn three tips to get more comfortable with vulnerability in general, especially when you’re not “in it.” As much as you may have tried to avoid this truth, managing your mind and your emotions better are an incredibly essential part of you thriving in midlife. If you want to do midlife on purpose, embracing vulnerability is key part of your journey!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
Women in the Middle Podcast Episode 109: Midlife Underwear Reboot; 2nd Anniversary Edition
Brene Brown’s TEDx Houston Talk: The Power of Vulnerability
(TED is the owner of this TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/ )
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Get Unstuck with Private Coaching. It’s the way to work with me one-on-one. You can have in depth personalized support and make a major transformation as you get clear, get unstuck and get excited about your life again! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here in the podcast and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes