What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Mind Hacks and Uncertainty:
- Why it’s so common to assume that life is more certain than it is.
- How thinking that life should be different than it is can create more anxiety.
- How both the midlife and Covid-19 experience share much unpredictability.
- Why understanding what your thoughts are about uncertainty can bring more peace.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Uncertainty in life is handled differently by each of us. Interestingly, the experience of midlife and the pandemic each bring their fair of surprising uncertainty and many of us find it a bit overwhelming at times.
It’s common to think that there is more in life that is certain than not. It’s kind of like you lull yourself into a false sense of security by believing that what you have planned, like vacations, kids’ programs, educational experiences, menopause, empty nest, etc., will go off without a hitch. However, this simply isn’t true.
As humans, we crave predictability. We want to be certain about lots of parts of our lives. But it’s impossible to completely lock it all down, tie it up in a bow and know for sure that it will all play out like you planned.
It can be challenging to cope with uncertainty. Nine “mind hacks” are introduced to help you think differently and consider what you can actually control when you’re troubled by uncertainty and don’t know what’s coming next.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 145: 7 Calming Life Hacks for Uncertain Midlife Times https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-145-7-calming-life-hacks-for-uncertain-midlife-times/
- Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 76: Fear-Based Decision Making https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-76-fear-based-decision-making-in-midlife/
- Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 156: Finding Joy in the Present Moment with Tom Sterner, Author of The Practicing Mind https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-156-finding-joy-in-the-present-moment-with-tom-sterner-author-of-the-practicing-mind/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes