What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Worrying about Looking your Age:
- Why it’s so common to be worried about looking your age; you’re not alone.
- How looking your age is more than wrinkles, turkey neck and your skin.
- Why it’s important to understand being worried from the perspective of appearance, perception and reinvention.
- Why understanding what your thoughts are about aging is so important.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Are you worried about looking your age? You’re not alone.
When most midlife women think about getting older, they also think about looking their age and it brings up a lot of negative emotion, including worry. Sometimes you don’t even know you have thoughts like this that wouldn’t be supportive of self-love and pro-aging.
It’s important to understand your mindset about aging. Your thoughts create your feelings, so if your thinking is negative, your feelings will likely not serve you, in the same way that worry really doesn’t serve you.
Being worried like this isn’t just about your wrinkles. I think “looking older” tends to be a broader concept includes things like your overall appearance, your clothes, your mindset and perceptions of aging and your lack of need for change. There are elements of all these topics that might influence how old you think you look.
Practicing the skill to notice your thoughts and feelings created by them will really serve you well and help your happiness. This is because, if you don’t like your reasons, you can change your thoughts and be more intentional about your life. Improved thought awareness skills with get you farther ahead on the road to becoming the Queen of your Brain Domain and living midlife on purpose!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 18: Chin Hair, Tweezers and You
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 109: Midlife Underwear Reboot
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 6: A Look at Your Underwear Drawer & the Importance of Self-Care
Frontiers in Psychology study about Perception of Age:
Connect with Suzy:
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes