What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Worrying about Looking your Age:
- Why it’s so common to be worried about looking your age; you’re not alone.
- How looking your age is more than wrinkles, turkey neck and your skin.
- Why it’s important to understand being worried from the perspective of appearance, perception and reinvention.
- Why understanding what your thoughts are about aging is so important.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Are you worried about looking your age? You’re not alone.
When most midlife women think about getting older, they also think about looking their age and it brings up a lot of negative emotion, including worry. Sometimes you don’t even know you have thoughts like this that wouldn’t be supportive of self-love and pro-aging.
It’s important to understand your mindset about aging. Your thoughts create your feelings, so if your thinking is negative, your feelings will likely not serve you, in the same way that worry really doesn’t serve you.
Being worried like this isn’t just about your wrinkles. I think “looking older” tends to be a broader concept includes things like your overall appearance, your clothes, your mindset and perceptions of aging and your lack of need for change. There are elements of all these topics that might influence how old you think you look.
Practicing the skill to notice your thoughts and feelings created by them will really serve you well and help your happiness. This is because, if you don’t like your reasons, you can change your thoughts and be more intentional about your life. Improved thought awareness skills with get you farther ahead on the road to becoming the Queen of your Brain Domain and living midlife on purpose!
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 18: Chin Hair, Tweezers and You
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 109: Midlife Underwear Reboot
Women in the Middle Podcast, Ep 6: A Look at Your Underwear Drawer & the Importance of Self-Care
Frontiers in Psychology study about Perception of Age:
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes