What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Stories that Keep you Feeling Stuck:
- Why the stories that you tell yourself can keep you stuck.
- How to move forward when you catch yourself believing a story automatically.
- Why it’s a good idea to be curious about your thoughts.
- The three different ways that stories can prevent you from problem solving.
- How to believe what you want to believe on purpose.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about the way that the midlife stories that you tell yourself can keep you feeling stuck. Stories are part of who we are. We interpret our lives through stories and use them to help us understand life.
The problem is when your stories are on autopilot and don’t end up helping you get the results you want. You just keep believing your interpretation without question. Nothing changes. You accept your results. You keep feeling stuck.
Stories are just thoughts you’re choosing to think. So once you decide that you can open yourself up and be more curious, you might not believe the stories anymore. Your results might just change too. This is because the thoughts you think create your feelings, and your feelings fuel your behavior. You can see that it pays to question those thoughts and think on purpose. All stories aren’t not worthwhile enough to occupy that expensive real estate in your brain. Enjoy this episode!
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes