What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Stories that Keep you Feeling Stuck:
- Why the stories that you tell yourself can keep you stuck.
- How to move forward when you catch yourself believing a story automatically.
- Why it’s a good idea to be curious about your thoughts.
- The three different ways that stories can prevent you from problem solving.
- How to believe what you want to believe on purpose.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about the way that the midlife stories that you tell yourself can keep you feeling stuck. Stories are part of who we are. We interpret our lives through stories and use them to help us understand life.
The problem is when your stories are on autopilot and don’t end up helping you get the results you want. You just keep believing your interpretation without question. Nothing changes. You accept your results. You keep feeling stuck.
Stories are just thoughts you’re choosing to think. So once you decide that you can open yourself up and be more curious, you might not believe the stories anymore. Your results might just change too. This is because the thoughts you think create your feelings, and your feelings fuel your behavior. You can see that it pays to question those thoughts and think on purpose. All stories aren’t not worthwhile enough to occupy that expensive real estate in your brain. Enjoy this episode!
Connect with Suzy:
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes