What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Finding Peace as a Midlife Woman:
- What it’s like to feel that “nudge” that your life needs to change.
- How to move forward when you don’t have a clear plan forward.
- How to rediscover who you are in midlife, perhaps who you always were.
- Why we’re conditioned to build your life in a certain way that may not be what you want, even when you’re not fulfilled.
- Why being peaceful has a surprising power to it.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about the importance of being intentional about finding the courage to make a shift in your life. The thing is, this path forward may not be clear. Instead, you may notice a constant nudge or pull toward making a big change in midlife. Even when you’re a serial entrepreneur. Even when you’re in corporate. Even when you don’t have a plan.
My guest today is Jennifer Forster and she has quite a story to tell. She’s the author of the Power of a Peaceful Woman: 49 Ways to drop the armour and defuse the drama.
The lessons in this book are a far cry from the way Jennifer was living her life for years. She lived her life as a goal-setting, box-ticking, high achiever. Her life looked amazing on the outside. Perfect actually. But she wasn’t fulfilled. She was surviving life by doing.
In her mind, Jennifer wasn’t doing what she was meant to do. She knew it. And it took some time but eventually she couldn’t ignore it anymore. She knew she needed to resign from her job even though she didn’t know what was going to happen next.
Not having a plan was pivotal. She learned what it was like to give up control and it changed her life. She now uses 49 life lessons to teach the power of the peaceful woman.
Jenn feels strongly that there’s power in being a peaceful woman. Only you can give it to you. A “perfect life” doesn’t always fill the void. Jennifer also believes that the truth of who you are comes from your heart.
If you’re negotiating with yourself and feel an urgency, it’s a “pattern” and it’s a different energy from your inner wisdom. We live so much of our lives unconsciously. In midlife, it’s important to grow. You’re going to learn so much from this interview. Enjoy!
Featured on the show
Michael Singer, Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
Connect with Jennifer Forster
Book: The Power of a Peaceful Woman: 49 Ways to drop the drama and diffuse the armour
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes