What You’ll Learn from this Episode about the Beauty and Curse of Midlife Boredom:
- Why it’s important to understand midlife boredom.
- Why boredom is common during the pandemic but also common for midlife women.
- What it can mean for you to understand that your thinking creates your emotions like being bored.
- How boredom might be positive sometimes and how to capitalize on it.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about the beauty and curse of midlife boredom.
Being bored is common for women in the middle. Boredom might have been coming up for you on the regular, even without the pandemic, but the situation with COVID-19 is definitely shining a big spotlight on it for many women our age.
Your normal life has been affected. You can’t do what you’ve been doing on a daily basis for years. But the pandemic isn’t responsible for all of the boredom in the world these days.
It’s common for midlife women to feel bored about lots of things including long term jobs, long term relationships and not having enough interesting things to do. Feeling lack of control can also be a problem.
When you remember that your thoughts create feelings like boredom, you’re empowered to take back control over your emotional well-being. And, there are some positive aspects to boredom that you can take advantage of when you’re open to exploring your thoughts and beliefs about how to spend your time.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog, The Call for Calm, Even Now
Connect with Suzy:
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes