What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Why Your Midlife Crisis is Not the One your Momma Had:
- Why it’s important to be aware of the use of the phrase “midlife crisis”.
- Why you many not want to use the phrase “midlife crisis.”
- Why your experience of a midlife crisis may differ from your mom’s.
- What the common signs are that you’re experiencing a midlife crisis.
- How you can shift your mindset during a midlife crisis.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about what a midlife crisis is and how it’s likely not the same as what your mom experienced.
When thinking about what a “midlife crisis” is, it’s important to understand a little bit about how the use of the phrase has evolved and changed for men and women. It used to be more common to only think of men having trouble with this tradition in an effort to reclaim their youth, whereas women struggled and coped with menopause.
Today, it’s quite common for women to experience some form of “midlife crisis;” however, I like to think about it more as a midlife funk or transition than an actual crisis. Many women recognize this age and stage of life as a time for thoughtful reflection and appreciate that it’s an opportunity for change.
However, it’s also common for there to be a lot of confusion about this whole stage of life and how to navigate the change to develop clear and exciting plans for the future. Ten common ways to sense if you’re having a midlife crisis are discussed, as well as some suggestions for a helpful mindset shift.
Please enjoy this episode!
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes