What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Following your Passion to Create, Recycle & Educate:
- How it’s almost impossible to ignore your passion.
- Why it’s important to embrace discomfort when your doing something new.
- Why you should focus on finding your “why,” your bigger goal.
- Why you may have to listen hard to hear your own voice.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about the road to following your passion. Specifically, my guest today is Joanne Jones, Textile Artist, Designer and owner of Mined reCreations in Ontario.
Mined reCreations is where fashion is meaningful and style has a cause. Joanne makes one-of-a-kind handbags and satchels made from recycled clothing. As if this wasn’t cool enough, Joanne’s story gets even better.
Joanne saw a chance to blend her passion for design and drive to save the environment, with her desire to create opportunity for the economically challenged young people of the world. By giving new life to old fabrics and accessories in handbags, memory pieces, mittens, and hat designs, and by contributing a portion of the proceeds of sales to scholarships for these engaged and already successful students, mined reCREATIONS provides the funds for them to attend post-secondary education and experience the doors which it can open.
Joanne also tells her personal story of hitting an early midlife funk and the transition of her career from a very traditional path to an entrepreneurial one. She was compelled to find her WHY and live in alignment with her passion.
There’s tons of insight and inspiration in today’s interview. You won’t want to miss it!
Please enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Connect with Joanne Jones: Mined reCreations: https://minedrecreations.com
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes