What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Mahjong in Midlife as a Family Tradition:
- How games like Mahjong can be an important family tradition.
- How the game of Mahjong can be a beautiful way to spend valuable time with your mom.
- How older women are teaching their younger 50 year old daughters to play and have fun together.
- Why Mahjong can be an amazing way to connect more in your community.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about the game of Mahjong as a Mother and Daughter Tradition. My guests today are a mother daughter team who love the game of Mahj. The thing is that Mahjong turns out to be an amazing way to meet new people, spend time with your family and create an important family tradition.
In midlife, traditions can become increasingly important. But with more and more social media and digital technology, “connecting” is becoming more of a challenge. Prioritizing playing a game – a real game with real people together – doesn’t happen in all families. You have to work with other people to MAKE it happen. This is very different than how you play a digital game, which is often by yourself.
My guests today are Cheryl Zeldin and her 90 year old mom, Ruth Zimelman. Ruth has been playing Mahjong for about 60 years. Cheryl didn’t have much interest until recently, when Ruth relocated to Cheryl’s hometown. Cheryl noticed how the Mahj helped Ruth settle in and connect to her new community when she moved, at 86 yrs. She saw that her mom made friends so easily and Cheryl was amazed.
Cheryl became more interested and Ruth taught her the game. Now, they’re having a blast together. The game has become an important part of the fabric of their lives together and has brought an unexpected level of joy and connection! Who knew that a game could be such a valuable tool to connect in midlife!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Women in the Middle Podcast Episode: Why you Should Celebrate Traditions in Midlife with Bob Schneeweiss
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email us at email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes