What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How common it is for midlife women to be dealing with Alzheimer’s and/or Dementia at this time of life.
- Why it’s sometimes so hard to see the symptoms when you’re slow close to the situation.
- How being more curious can be one of the best ways to help you and your family cope better.
- How Speech Language Assessment and Therapy can really help with the symptoms and can also really help the families.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
My guest today has a unique approach for Alzheimer’s and Dementia treatment. As a Speech Language Pathologist, Heather Negin unknowingly had a special set of skills and insights to bring to her personal situation with her parents. This insight has shaped her career and she’s never looked back.
As you know, we’re inundated with negative messages about adult onset cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and caregiving responsibilities. And, it’s totally a midlife thing. As daughters, it’s super common to be dealing with this with our parents and others we love at this age and stage of life.
This is what happened with Heather. When her mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Heather was as overwhelmed as anyone else would be. Slowly, however, she realized that using her training to be more curious could actually help her and help many other families as well.
Heather thinks of her professional self as a specialist of messages IN and messages OUT; she has a keen ability to focus on the disruption in between. She uses Communication Focused Assessment and Therapy to help those with Alzheimer’s and dementia symptoms and disruptions, and their families.
For sure, this diagnosis can be overwhelming and stressful. The right approach can uncover potential, guide you with empowering choices, and deliver successful results to improve your day and lighten your load. It turns out that Speech Language assessment and therapy can really help with the symptoms and can also really help the families.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Heather Negin, SLP http://communicationtherapyforadults.com/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- 50 Unplugged Mastermind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/50-unplugged-mastermind/
- Finally First Midlife Membership: www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes